Tuesday 19 November 2013

'I Broke My Teeth When I Started Skating' - YCT Female Skater Pours Her Heart Out!

Balikis Akodu
You don't find a female skating everyday. So it is only appropriate to acknowledge one when you bump into her. Check out this interview with Balikis Akodu, a passionate skater schooling in Yabatech Epe campus.

Hello Balikis

Hi

I noticed you love skating a lot so what made you take interest in that?

Actually I think it is fun like every other game but it can be hectic in the beginning. I broke my teeth when I started, but I did not give up. It is said that if you are trying to get something and it is very hard, don’t stop. Just make sure you get it. So that’s just it. I love it very much because it makes me smart. I don’t think I have much fat like other girls. This is due to the fact that I skate a lot. And it is fun.


Do you intend taking it up professionally after school?


Yes, I would like to have my own skating group, so as to bring up some set of people because people think it is something hard but I do tell them that it is something they can do. Don’t think because this thing is hard. I don’t see any difference between skating and riding a car or bicycle. When driving one may encounter dangers or accidents but that doesn’t stop you from driving your car. 


So as a female who enjoys skating, how do you feel? Do people look perceive you as being awkward? 


With this I think I have come across many people. They will see me and be like “Wooww!!”. I believe there is nothing a guy can do that a woman can’t do better. So I think in this society I have achieved a lot of friends. It’s because I am a female and I skate. I think I am the only female in this neighborhood doing so. I love it.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment