Tuesday 19 November 2013

'I Saw A Lot of Creativity and Unity in AATS This Session' - Remarks From A Graduating Student.

Timade
Check out this brief interview with Timade Julius, an ND2 student in Yabatech Epe campus who just passed out from the college. He is originally from Lesotho in Southern Africa but he grew up in Nigeria. He kept it blunt in this chit-chat with the Vice President, Ifeanyi Ibegbunam.

Has YCT Epe made any impact to your life?

Hmmm!!!! Sure, it has in a couple of ways. The college really impacted educationally and agriculturally, also, emotionally. That is talking about anger control and raising a family. And am really going to miss my family

Anger control? Are u hot tempered? And how did YCT help you manage that?

Yeah, been around a lot of younger colleague, with a lot of annoying behaviors wasn't easy. At first, it was really difficult for me, but when I got close to Enitan, Sarat and some other peeps, I mingled. So I just thought of everyone who makes me mad as my lil bro, that way I'd just look away, as though nothing happened. Though I almost lost it on Friday night. Also raising a football team with difficult breads of students, always playful. Most times I forget they are students, I'd be expecting more from them, but I managed to blend into their style and a balance was created. Am really proud of them and I'd miss the round leather family

What do you think about the school soccer team as the squad’s captain? Do you see them going places?

Wonderful team. Surely, all they need is disciple, commitment and a little bit of luck. I see them as a real contender for next year's Dean's and Rector's cup

Great! So assuming you had the power to change one thing in YCT what would that be?

Lecturers manner of addressing students. It is so inappropriate.

Hmm. Why is it so?

From my perspective, the department’s population is still very small. Plus most students are kids, so it’s an advantage for some lecturers to act up. because I noticed the lecturers don’t really do it to all students. And am sure it’s going to stop soon.

Real talk. So how would you rate the performance of AATS this session?

AATS was awesome this session. I saw a lot of creativity and unity. Amazing. They won my heart which is always something difficult to win. Thumbs up.

Cool. Apart from your round leather family what will u miss about YCT?

I'd miss my family, my room, all the students, lecturers and what have you. But most importantly, I'd miss my family ( Enitan, Sarat ), Vivian and Tomisin and my homies at Lamba.

2 comments:

  1. Good day, pls what is the total population of students in epe campus. i'm also a student of YABATECH, yaba campus. I need it for a writeup on epe campus ASAP. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The population in YCT epe campus is approximately 200. Most likely, more departments will be joining us next year, hence the figure is bound to increase.

      Delete